How it all started
I started Tony’s Reptile Show show because of the love I have for reptiles and after I took the reptiles into a school where my wife works. I really enjoyed the day and thought what a good way to show my love of reptiles and to share my hobby with others. We have a wide range of different animals that we show and we have fact sheets on the reptiles to show you where they live and how to care for them, we also have snake skins on display.
I have had reptiles for about 15 years now, and love the way they start off so small and grow so big, I have started a breeding program for the corn snakes and the royal pythons. You can see some of the animals on the website. You can also find us on facebook and twitter.
About the animals
All these animals are tame and can be handled making it a very hands on experience for kids and parents alike. The show will last between 1 to 2 hrs depending on what animals you would like us to bring, please feel free to take a look at the pictures of our animals and then decide, we can bring a few or all of them the choice is yours.
What we do
We cover many events both large and small, in the past we have done:
- School visits, typically 45-60 minutes per classroom.
- Children’s parties, up to 1 hour and up to around 30 kids, that way everyone can get to meet the animals.
- Scouting/Rainbows events, from one hour to a whole day
- Summer fetes, from and hour to a day.
- Furry animal encounter, get to meet our skunk, rat and hedgehog. Feed, hold and play with them.
- Meerkat encounter, a one and a half hour session for 10-30 kids, meet, feed and play with our Meerkats Simon and Alvin.
- Invertebrates encounter, a one and a half hour session for 10-30 kids, get to hold snails, spiders, millipede, paceman frog and hissing cockroach.
- Corporate days *, spend half a day handling all the animals and getting up close and personal, ideal for selfies!
- Photoshoots, TV and film *, any two animals for an hour photoshoot.
These are just a few of the things we have done in the past, we are very flexible, if you have an event and it’s not on the list get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
* Bookings for these are handled by our management company, see below for more details.
Where will we travel to?
We are based in central Northamptonshire and will travel almost anywhere, but do charge for extra miles after 50 miles.
Are we legal?
Of course, all our staff are CRB checked, we have all the insurances needed and our performing animal licence.
We may not always be able to bring all the animals along to all the events. As you would imagine the animals health and wellbeing is very important to us and if an animal is not up to a visit or has been very buy then we may not bring them along.
Our management company
We are pleased to announce that we now have a management company representing us. For all commercial and corporate enquires please contact them. For public and private enquiries you can contact us directly using the details on the contact page here.